KNOXVILLE EVENT IS POSTPONED UNTIL 2021
UPDATE: Please read through this whole post!
We have been kicking and fighting to figure out a way to have Fanboy Expo Knoxville this year. The daily ups and downs have been excruciating. Not knowing almost from hour to hour if events will even be able to be held. We finally have our answer and that answer is forcing us to postpone Fanboy Expo Knoxville until 2021.
We have done everything in our power to try and make this thing work; unfortunately the new rules and regulations from the city leadership will not allow for us to do it. We appreciate the city looking out for our fans and their health and safety. But at the end of the day, it just can not work for us or for you guys. So we at Fanboy Expo in conjunction with our friends at the Knoxville Convention Center have decided its best to push the convention to 2021. We don’t like it any more than you do, but it was the only conclusion at this point.
I (David) personally want to apologize to you guys for not being able to come through for you this year. Since 2012 I have busted my butt to bring Knoxville what I think is one of the best conventions in the business. I was really hoping we could maneuver around the restrictions and that we had the right timing to make this thing happen. In the end it’s just not meant to happen. And I apologize to all of you for not being able to pull it off. I will continue to work hard for you and bring you the best in 2021.
WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS?
If you have a ticket or are an artist or Vendor with us, read carefully:
Fan Packages, photo ops, autographs- Automatically Refunded
Ticket Holders- You have 3 options
1) Keep your ticket and use it at Fanboy Expo 2021. (Anyone who keeps their ticket will get their choice of a limited edition T-shirt or Print designed and signed by DC Comic artist Tom Nguyen)
2) Use your ticket at any Fanboy Expo in 2020 or 2021. This means you can use your ticket in Orlando this year or next or Columbus. Your ticket will be honored no matter the price difference from city to city. You will also get the limited edition T-shirt or Print!
3) We will be offering refunds on ticket less the processing fees (They keep them) until June 15th. After June 15th we need to be rocking on Orlando.
Below we have a Refund Request Button and Transfer Request button to click and fill out. All of this is done manually by 1 person. So please allow a little time to get everything processed. If you love coming to Fanboy and can afford to hold on to your ticket, that would be awesome! We have already had to spend large amounts on deposits and advertising and operating. So not having to give everyone a refund would be a real blessing to us.
Vendors and Artists- You Also have 3 options
1) Keep your booth or table for Fanboy Expo 2021. You will receive the same type/style of booth and in most cases the same spot for 2021 regardless of any price increases. We will also have a bonus to say thank you for sticking with us.
2) Transfer your booth or table to any Fanboy Expo show in 2020 or 2021. We will transfer you over to either Orlando or Columbus or Orlando 2021 and you will get the same type of booth regardless of any price increases.
BONUS: Transfer to this year’s Orlando show and we will help pay for your hotel room. We have extra rooms to fill in Orlando and would love to work with you to get you with us in Orlando. Please email David
3) We will be offering refunds less the processing fees until June 15th. Simply fill out the refund request form
In closing, I want all of you to know we are heartbroken over this news. Knoxville is our home base and our security blanket. The staff and volunteers and even the staff at the convention center have become a big family with all of you. We can’t wait to see you in one of our Fanboy cities this year or next.
Please stay safe and well and keep that Giddy Fan spirit alive,
Don’t miss Tennessee’s Largest Pop Culture Event, Fanboy Expo on August 28-30, 2020 from the Knoxville Convention Center. Come see why over 30,000 fans have attended our Summer events featuring Celebrity Guests, Comic Industry Pros, Cosplay, Vendors, Live Entertainment and much more!